17 november 2015
The only platform for Quality
Business, Friends, Romance
Horecatrends was present at the NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky in Amsterdam to attend Primedinners’ official launch. The evening, which was entirely devoted to the global top of gastronomy, started with a walking-dinner. You can watch a video about the event here.
Eleven international Michelin star chefs, ranging from one to three Michelin stars, with a total sum of 18, each prepared their own signature dish. The sous-chefs of famous Dutch restaurants, appraised with a Michelin star, were also present to support the international chefs. The eleven chefs and their dishes:
- Peter Armellino * – Smoked salmon mousse-cannelloni with caviar
- Fabio Bragagnolo ** – Slowly cooked John Dory, quinoa, clip fish and horseradish
- Cornelius Speinle * – Langoustine tartare, cream of fruit and sour vegetables and caviar
- Peter Rudolph * – Poached rabbit loin, celeriac, truffle, chanterelle and burnt bread
- Yusuke Takada ** – Smoked eel with Japanese spices
- Viki Geunes ** – Foie gras, North sea crab, miso, celeriac and buckthorn
- Matteo Ferrantino ** – Black Cod “Caldeirada” -style
- Jarad Gallagher * – Foie gras, roses, apricot, brioche and chocolate bottom.
- Mitsuru Konishi ** – Beef & carrot
- Phillip Foss * – French fries and a Frosty
- Jacob Jan Boerma *** – Happy Berry, citrus, mango, yuzu, blueberries and goji berries
Primedinners will be the new connection between Michelin star restaurants, suppliers and guests. The international network founded by Chanine Steffers and John Rietdijk offers the Michelin star chefs the platform that is so desperately needed, says Jacob Jan Boerma. On the website, that launched yesterday, you can book at the affiliated (Michelin star) restaurants and buy products from renowned suppliers.
The evening came to an end with the official Dutch premiere of the movie Burnt. The movie is about chef Adam Jones and his struggle to achieve three Michelin stars. It contains a lot of action, humour and love. Whether it actually reflects the truth is debatable. Despite that it’s a fun movie for people that love the culinary world, as well as people who don’t!
We really enjoyed it and wish Primedinners all the best! ^Bram Kosterink