5 augustus 2016
JW Marriott Marquis celebrates India’s Independence Day
JW Marriott Marquis celebrates India’s Independence Day at Rang Mahal with a specially crafted modern and innovative Indian four-course menu
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, the tallest hotel in the world with more than 50 industry and media awards, is pleased to announce a three day celebration of India’s 70th Independence Day.
From August 14–16, the Michelin-starred restaurant Rang Mahal by Atul Kochhar will host guests for a US$68 (AED250) four-course modern Indian menu, with each course dedicated to a hero in Indian history.
- The specially crafted first course, Gujarati Farsans, is paying homage to Vikram Sarabhai, the scientist and innovator. From the Maharashtra and Gujarat regions, the dish is made up of Dhokla, Khandavi, Phaphada and Dhabeli.
- The second course, Dakshin Ke Sawad, is honoring the Professor C.V. Raman, who is remembered for his knowledge on physics and his Nobel Prize in 1928. This dish involves Chicken Chukka, Pepper Mutton and Meen Pollichattu.
- The third course is Khana Naush Farmayen, made up of Kofta Curry, Murgh Badami Korma and Khumb Mutter Malai. This dish is a tribute to Birbal Sahni, the great visionary, teacher, and researcher.
- The final course will satisfy guests’ sweet tooth with Bangla Mishti Mishti, which is coconut rice pancakes, baked yogurt and textures of Bengali sweets, and has been crafted in honour of Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose and his prominent experiments and laboratory work.
Indian Independence Day, observed annually on August 15, is a national holiday in India, commemorating the nation's independence from the British Empire on 15 August 1947.
- Venue: Rang Mahal by Atul Kochhar, JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
- Date: 14 – 16 August 2016
- Time: From 6pm until 11.30pm
- Price: 250 AED per person for a four-course menu